National Public Health Week, an event organized by the American Public Health Association, geared towards educating our nation on the impacts of public health programs.
APHA’s NPHW Events
MONDAY, APRIL 1: HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
- Forum: Building Healthy Communities from the Grassroots
Keynote address by Dr. Joia Crear-Perry, Founder and President of the National Birth Equity Coalition
TUESDAY, APRIL 2: VIOLENCE PREVENTION
- APHA/Aetna Foundation/US News Healthiest Communities announcement briefing, 3 p.m. ET
Please RSVP to participate in the webinar.
- Gun violence prevention Twitter chat, co-hosted with the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Follow #PublicHealth4GVP to participate. 4 p.m. ET
- NPHW Trivia night (6-8 p.m., Board Room, 1737 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, D.C.)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3: RURAL HEALTH
- NPHW Twitter Chat, 2-3 p.m. ET #NPHWchat.
THURSDAY, APRIL 4: TECHNOLOGY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
- Student Day: You’re graduating. Now what?! 6-7:30 p.m. ET
Participate in person at American University or via live webcast.
SATURDAY-SUNDAY, APRIL 6-7: GLOBAL HEALTH
- Supporting PAHO’s World Health Day calling for health care for all